Thursday, March 15, 2012

DIY Abstract Art

My first attempt at picking up oil painting again was two months ago when I painted a mini impressionist. I've also since been inspired by many abstract paintings in pastel color tone, and tantalized to try one for myself.



So here it is, one of my very few abstract paintings, titled "Rain". I've never actually spent much time studying or learning abstract, and the painting shows. I bought a floater-canvas combo set from DeSerres, and painted the frame in gold leaf.

I took the pictures at night so flash makes it blurry. Colors are also a bit off from the painting itself. I will take some more closeup pictures this weekend during the day just so you can see all the stroke details.


I left it in the master bedroom for the time being to add some colors to an empty wall. Do you like it? Does it belong in a bedroom?  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...