Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Love That House: 49 Pheasant Lane

If you've been following my blog for a while, you would know how much I love to fuse the new with the old in decorating. And that's why I love about this new "old house" at 49 Pheasant Lane, a $3.95 Million gem in the heart of Thorncrest Village.


Love the natural cedar plank ceiling and slate-color window and door frames -- they surely crank up the curb appeal of the house.

I would love to go home to this foyer! The lantern, the door, the wall panel and the wrought iron railings are examples of the old coexisting with the new in perfect harmony in one room.

Open to the above high ceiling adds drama and grandeur to the foyer.


The kitchen triangle seems a bit off, but with so much room to maneuver, one will never have to worry about bumping into anything in the way.

I am sure nobody would say no to a little desk nook in a massive kitchen like this!

I always love a wall-to-wall built-in unit, but I am not sure if I would go for one this scale in wood. The wood-tone unit seems to throw the room a bit off its balance -- not even the grey-leather sectional is a good match.

This master bedroom is so dreamy: walk-out to the deck, two built-in shelves flanking the fireplace, and white walls but not boring at all. The only thing I would change is probably the chandelier. I personally would prefer a more classic piece to anchor a giant bedroom like this, and also to soften the hard lines around the fireplace and the headboard.

Well, say no more, I love everything about this master bathroom. Funny the crystal chandelier over the tub is the same one I use in my dining room.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...